Old-Time Chicken Pie
Yield: 6-8 Servings
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth, divided
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup milk
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 8 ½-ounce can English peas, drained
- 1 2-ounce jar chopped pimentos, drained
- 3 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- Cook celery in 1/3 cup broth until tender. Drain.
- Combine flour, pepper and salt.
- Melt butter and stir in flour mixture.
- Stir in remaining chicken broth and milk. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add eggs, mushrooms, peas, pimentos, chicken and celery. Mix well.
- Pour into greased 1 ½-quart baking dish.
- Top with pie crust.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until brown.
A hearty winter entrée.