Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
Yield: 10-12 servings
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup bourbon
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Cook potatoes, covered, in boiling salted water until tender, approximately 35 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- Peel and mash potatoes.
- Combine potatoes, butter, bourbon, orange juice, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Beat until fluffy and smooth.
- Spoon into buttered 1 ½-quart baking dish. Sprinkle nuts around the edges.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until slightly browned.